15 Nights / 17 Days • Travel to Hanoi, Vietnam & Return from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Avalon Siem Reap
- Featuring 245 sq. ft. Panorama Suites
- Enjoy a 7 Night River Cruise from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City with 2 Nights Pre-Cruise Hotel in Hanoi, 1 Night Pre-Cruise Hotel in Hạ Long Bay, 3 Nights Pre-Cruise Hotel in Siem Reap & 2 Nights Post-Cruise Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Escorted from Honolulu
Date and Tour Manager:
March 19 – April 04, 2020 • Tour Manager: Cliff Nakamura
COUNTRIES: Vietnam & Cambodia
RIVERS: Mekong River & Tonlé River
On this inspiring Southeast Asia river cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia, you’ll be immersed in the cultures and ancient traditions as you sightsee and spend time with locals in the most fascinating places along the mighty Mekong River.
The best way to experience Vietnamese culture is with a tour of its fascinating capital of Hanoi. Go on a cyclo ride through the ancient streets of the Old Quarter and enjoy a water puppet performance. Travel through the peaceful countryside to Hạ Long Bay where you’ll cruise by its breathtaking limestone islands.
Next, in Siem Reap, Cambodia, see the phenomenal Temples of Angkor with an intricacy and architectural grandeur unmatched in the world. Enjoy an inspiring Aspara dance performance before embarking on your river cruise. Go on an ox cart ride amongst rice paddy fields and witness the daily lives of farmers. In the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, tour the National Museum and Royal Palace with its striking Silver Pagoda.
On a hilltop at the site of the 8th-century temple of Wat Hanchey, take in the stunning views before walking through the rural village of Angkor Ban to visit with welcoming schoolchildren. Continue your cruise into Vietnam and visit a colorful market, the home of a local family making handcrafted sampans, and a workshop to learn how rice wine and traditional candies are made.
This memorable Southeast Asia river cruise vacation ends in Ho Chi Minh City, where you’ll see the famous landmarks and try your hand in the kitchen — Vietnamese-style, with a cooking class. On an excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels, walk through a section of the immense underground tunnel system used during the Vietnam War.
HIGHLIGHTS & SIGHTSEEING:
- Hanoi: Visit Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, and Temple of Literature; Lunch at Koto; Take an electric-cart ride through the Old Quarter; Water puppets performance
- Hanoi – Hạ Long Bay: Cruise on Hạ Long Bay
- Siem Reap: Visit Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Bayon Temple; Apsara dance performance
- Siem Reap: Visit Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei, and a noodle-making village
- Siem Reap – Phnom Penh (Embarkation): Fly to Phnom Penh; onboard welcome reception
- Wat Hanchey – Angkor Ban: Visit Wat Hanchey and partake in a traditional water blessing by local monks; walking tour in Angkor Ban with school visit
- Kampong Tralach – Konpong Louang – Phnom Penh: Ox cart ride through the countryside and visit a local farmer’s home in Kampong Tralach; visit the silversmith village of Konpong Louang; visit the Tuol Sleng Museum and one of the Killing Fields in Phnom Penh, or visit the lively central market
- Phnom Penh: Sightseeing by private cyclo, including the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and the National Museum; show by children from local orphanage
- Border Crossing – Chau Doc: Visit a local market and the religious sites at Sam Mountain inChau Doc
- Long Kh.nh A –Cu Lao Gieng: Walking tour of Long Kh.nh A with a cotton-weaving demonstration; interact with sampan-making and conical hat making families in Cu Lao Gieng
- Vĩnh Long: Visit a local garden and a local workshop to see how rice wine and traditional candy are made
- Ho Chi Minh City (Disembarkation): Walking tour; visit the famous Rex Hotel for a drink, War Remnants Museum, and Ben Thanh Market; cooking class
- Ho Chi Minh City: Cu Chi Tunnels excursion
* View Flyer for Complete Details.
A NON-STOP TRAVEL
PER PERSON FROM
MUST RESERVE BY
NOVEMBER 15, 2019
INCLUDES ROUNDTRIP AIRFARE FROM HONOLULU, 7 NIGHT RIVER CRUISE, HOTELS, MEALS AND SIGHTSEEING AS INDICATED ON ITINERARY, ALL TRANSFERS, PORT CHARGES, TAXES & FEES